If you’re unfamiliar with The Diving Event of the Year, allow me to introduce you! Produced in conjunction with California Diving News, Scuba Show is the nation’s largest dive expo. With hundreds of companies representing nearly every aspect of diving and a jam-packed seminar program, you’ll find everything you need to take your love of scuba diving to the next level.
The 36th annual Scuba Show takes place on June 3-4, 2023, at the Long Beach Convention Center. I know what you’re thinking, “Shouldn’t I be out diving on the weekend?” Well, fair point, but trust us when we say you don’t want to miss this. Whether you’re a newly certified diver, a wreck-trekking adventurer or you’re lucky enough to scuba for a living, Scuba Show is a must-do. Here are some of the top reasons this event should be on every diver’s bucket list:
- Becoming a certified diver is hardly the end of the diving journey. It’s just the beginning! Scuba Show brings together the incredible diving world. What better place to explore where diving can take you (literally and figuratively)?
- Gear — you name it, it’s here. Every gadget, gizmo and piece of equipment you could imagine will be on display. You’ll find it all, from major manufacturers to startups with brand-new pieces that elevate your experience above and below the water. You might even score a great deal.
“I have too much dive gear.” — Liars!
- Get a friend hooked on diving. There will be a 15,000-gallon heated pool in the expo hall. We supply the gear and instructors; all you need is a bathing suit and a towel. It’s a fun, safe way to try scuba for the first time! Ages 10+ are welcome, and the experience is free to all attendees. You might change someone’s life!
- Score great deals on travel. Resorts, liveaboards and experiences from all over the world are represented at the show. They often have “show specials,” deals you won’t find anywhere else. Diving brings a new dimension to travel and makes for a fun family vacation. Wander the hall and expand your scuba bucket list!
- Find ways to dive without traveling. Travel is awesome, but so is California. Our state is a massive playground for divers. Part of the beauty of the show is connecting with the local diving community. Dive shops will be there, along with California boat operators and liveaboards, and information on where and how to dive from our golden shores. There is so much to explore right in your backyard!
- Win really, really, really ridiculously good prizes. Who doesn’t love prizes? Last year we gave away over $45,000 in prizes — regulators, BCDs, artwork and exotic dive trips, just to name a few. We’re doing it all again this year.
- Expand your knowledge of diving and the underwater world. With over 70 sessions happening over the weekend, the seminar program is a staple of the show. Our speakers are inventors, commercial divers, Emmy award-winning cinematographers, research scientists, business leaders, authors and deep-sea explorers. Learn from these experts about how to approach and observe marine life, under-the-radar dive sites, improve your underwater photography skills, discover a new career path, join a citizen science program, become a safer diver…the list goes on and on.
- Connect with people and organizations working to make the world a better place. Lots of marine-related nonprofits will be at the show to share their missions. It’s a great chance to get involved and learn to be a more conscious diver!
- Let loose and party. The Saturday Night Party is a Scuba Show tradition. Gather with us after the show on Saturday to celebrate scuba and kick back with a cold one. You can expect good music, a cash bar, food trucks and lawn games. There is also a raffle and silent auction to raise money for a marine-related nonprofit. And, of course, we will present a special California Scuba Service Award to an honored recipient, to be announced. Visit scubashow.com/Saturday-night-party for details!
- Get inspired. It’s corny, but the atmosphere at Scuba Show is unlike anything you’re bound to run into on dry land. The people that fill the hall are there because they love diving and the ocean. Ask any diver what they love about scuba — sure, they’ll say being submerged is an unbelievable feeling. But a huge part of the allure is the bond you form with fellow divers and the intimate connection to our oceans and Earth. You can’t find that kind of connection anywhere else!
Say “hi” to the CDN team at booth #201, or catch us buzzing around the show!